Saturday, January 2, 2010

Movie Night!

Breanna and I have been wanting to see Sherlock Holmes since it was first advertised. Since no one else in the family has expressed much interest in it, we decided to see it today together, just the two of us. Stu was going snowboarding, Jess and Shiree didn't want to see it, and Dad and Kelle were going to the gym, so we were primed and ready. We invited Becki and Aiden to go with us, since Becki had already been and was itching to see it again. So, what was the verdict on the movie?

AWESOME!!!

We loved it. It has all the elements of a great movie...suspense, good fight scenes, Robert Downey, Jr., intrigue, Robert Downey, Jr., bad guys, good fight scenes, Robert Downey, Jr., and some really great one-liners. And did I mention Robert Downey, Jr.? Some great eye candy there, even unshaven and hung over. My favorite who-dunnit movie is still "The Illusionist", but this is very close. Great movie, great time, great company. (Another favorite is still "Taken" because of the really great fight scenes. Tough subject matter, though. My girls will never leave home alone.) So, you can probably tell that I am into good fight scenes. As a martial artist, I am much more aware of the intricasies of a fight, and enjoy seeing a good one. In fact, the UFC fights are on right now in my basement, and I am just getting ready to go watch them. My mother is probably rolling in her grave right now. She raised me to be a lady. Sorry, Mom.

Aiden did great through the movie, sleeping for all but about 10 minutes. He is such a fun little Mister. Loves to be interacted with, and we don't mind obliging!

Tomorrow begins another church year, now at 11:00. I teach the 5-7 year olds in Primary, and it totally rocks. They are so smart! And with the afternoon that's left, I will be pondering and setting some deliberate, on-purpose, on-paper goals. I love this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment