Saturday, January 23, 2010

A temple...bowling...cleaning...movie day!

It didn't start out being a movie night. Actually, we had planned to go to the temple to do baptisms for the dead as a family. We got up, dressed in our best duds, and started rounding up recommends. Of course, everyone could find theirs, and they were all current...except mine. Mine expired in December. So, after a quick bail-out by some excellent friends in the bishopric and stake presidency (thanks Corey and Pres. Erekson), we headed out. We had called the temple, and they told us to be there at 11. But when we got there, they were so busy, they couldn't work us in until after 3. So we bagged the temple idea (dang it, I was really excited to have us all in the temple!), and came home. Dad went to fix a furnace, and we girls cleaned like crazy! I even cleaned the carpets!

Then our idea was to go bowling. Drove to the bowling alley, all excited, only to find that they had a league coming in that took the entire place. Bummer! Idea #2 shot down. By this time, some of our party (Shiree and Breanna) were wanting to go home and have a nap. Dad, however, still wanted to do something fun. Since he had been wanting to go see Extraordinary Measures, we found movie times and asked who wanted to go. Just me and Dave and Jessica. So we went to see the movie. Very thought-provoking. Makes me wonder just how far I would go and just what I would do to save my children. I'd probably go to the ends of the earth with no questions asked. It really made us appreciate our children and our good health!

Fun day, but also a profitable day. I love being with my family. I must, because I spend 24/7 with them! (and have been for 20+ years!)

One other quick funny... Thursday night Jessica and Kelle went to sparring class. I drove them, and then watched class. They did the usual drills for most of the class, then lined up to spar each other. Sensei Mike pulled Jess out to fight a teenage girl that is just a white belt. She doesn't have much control yet, being a newbie, so Mike told her, "Jessica will hit you about as hard as you hit her, so don't go all crazy... because you don't want to mess with CRAZY!" And pointed at Jess. She really is crazy, especially with sparring, but we laughed. She wears the title of CRAZY very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment