Monday, June 7, 2010

It's very quiet at my house...

The first official Monday of June, and my house is quiet as a mouse. One would think that school ended and the Universe sucked my children up in a vacuum until next year. B and Kelle are at girl's camp, Shiree is at work, Jessica is at a baseball game with Tanner, and Stu is chillin' after doing some yard work for a neighbor. My house feels empty and quiet.

Which makes me think of the years not too far ahead, when my children are grown and gone, raising families of their own. I will spend many a quiet hour alone. In some ways, it feels so strange to me, because I have been out of practice being alone for some time now. Being a homeschool mom means having children around, noisy projects, clutter in the house. Stuff. The noisy stuff of a busy family. The soundtrack of a happy family life. What will I do when the soundtrack changes, and I am left to fill the quiet hours on my own? I hope to have grandbabies (and Aiden) to help fill the void, and books (always and forever my books)... It is a rare quiet moment for pondering the seasons of life and the changes that each bring. I look forward to each season, as I did with each child, and perhaps pondering now will help me create a fitting soundtrack for the next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment