Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Life...in Perspective

You know, every once in awhile, something comes along to remind you that no matter what your current situation, there is much to be grateful for.

Today I'm grateful for a loving husband, 5 great children, a safe and comfortable house, and no threats of violence to any of us on the horizon.

I cannot say that for my dear friend, who has a brand new baby, two other terrified children, and a very real threat of violence in her immediate future.

She handles it with great faith, patience, and a fierce determination that I admire. She said to me, "the end result is this: I am the mama, and I will do whatever it takes to protect my children. Period. But I am also relying on the Lord, because He sent this little spirit to me in these circumstances, and He wants him here. We have guardian angels on both sides of the veil that we are calling upon, and we just trust that it will work out."

May He protect them all. With a little help from the guardian angels among us.

No comments:

Post a Comment